Wednesday, September 10, 2008

a day off

Well, tomorrow is Thursday and I have the day off.
Plans: sleep maybe until 7 AM. Meander our to the back patio for my quiet time and then pick up a book I am reading by Tracey Peterson. If you guys have never read her writings....she is awesome. Karen Kingsbury is my all time favorite writer of Christian fiction but Tracey is gaining as a very close second. Of course, one reason I am reading someone else right now is that Karen's new book does not hit press until November and I have read all the others! Tracey's books appear real and heartwarming I am in tears sometimes after reading them. Until the last 5 or 6 years I was never a reader. Of course I read my Bible but to just sit and read a book from cover to cover....I never did. I guess that comes with getting older and settling down some....relaxation comes easier now than in my younger years.

Why is it that we always feel we have to be up doing "something". Be still and know.......be still and read.......I am glad I can do that now without guilt. Clutter and dirt don't distress me nearly like they used to. I am sure my sweet husband is glad of that too. I think I used to make him miserable picking up after him.......come to think of it, he kind up picks up after me now! Oh well.

Until tomorrow!

5 comments:

Dianne said...

That is just too funny about no stress about clutter from the very woman who mops her porch!! Yah, right! Love you!!!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Sharron, you are too cute! I'm glad you can rest in the midst of clutter now! (Even if the clutter is invisible.)

Enjoy your day off!

love, k.

Dianne said...

Thinking about my earlier comment and must confess jealousy for my non-cluttery friend! Not only are you non-cluttery (is that a word?), but you are one of the most gracious, giving, servant-types I know! Enjoy that book tomorrow!

cindy said...

Hi Sharron,
I really enjoyed your post. I too am a reader. Have you heard of Charles Martin? He is a Christian fiction writer that I really like. My fav's are When Crickets Cry and Chasing Fireflies. Check them out. I need to make a new post to my blog. Still pondering....
Cindy