Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Getting started----finally

Well, here you have my very first post on my blog. I feel like when I was a child and a new fashion statement was made and after everyone in my class had "one" I would finally get "one" myself! Oh well, being in the generation teetering on the very bottom edge of technology......I guess I am doing well to be here!
Still not really sure what I am going but we shall see!

Today has been a rather bitter sweet and very busy day for me. I planned to work today but could have taken today as my day off.......it would have been my mom's 81st birthday. I am glad I was busy. Thoughts of her early this morning brought tears to my eyes. Seems like I should be able to pick up the phone and call her. I know she's happy and would not come back for anything, but that still does not keep me from missing her. The day was busy and flew by and that was good. Memories are sweet. I find myself looking in the mirror and thinking.....wow, I look like her more and more. That is a good thing, in my opinion because she was beautiful , inside and out. Most importantly she was an example to me of God's love. Caring, encouraging and uplifting ---no matter what my faults or mistakes. I always knew she wanted what was best for me....just like Jesus.



Sept 9, 2008---my very first post. "I have arrived" (late, but I arrived!)

3 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm so proud of you, sis!!! And I know your mom would just grin about your big step in technology and she would have just the right witty comment!

You have arrived . . . right on time. What a great blogging start and beautiful tribute to your mom. I love you!

Karen said...

Yay Sharron. What a great first post. You did a wonderful job! What a sweet post about your mom.

Love, K

cindy said...

Hi Sharron,
I read your post this morning and just didn't have the time to leave a comment then, but you did a great job! Your mom must have been a wonderful lady. I can tell just by the little I know about you. What a perfect tribute to her. Keep writing! It's a fun way to stay in touch...
Love,
Cindy