Sunday, September 14, 2008

It 's been one very restful Sunday at my house.
We truly live by what the Bible says on Sunday our house. Sacred to be for sure.....Sunday afternoon naps are what it's all about! God told us to rest and we do it! Today was a very good day for a nap; overcast and breezy. Light rain by mid afternoon just made the snoozing even more relaxing. As I get older, I realize I need this time to rest my body and soul.

This month is Grandparents month at our gc's schools. Friday was "reading" with our 6 year old grandson and this Friday is lunch with our 9 yr. old grandaughter in Florence. I guess school has not really changed that much since I was a kid as far as studying goes. Come to think of it, I really don't remember much about my grade school years except in the first grade, I was made to sit outside on the steps as punnishment.....for talking. Imagine that-me punished for talking. Guess some things never change. And of course, back then if you got punished at school you just better get ready because you would get the same or worse when you got home. But, punishment was a good thing. I think I turned out pretty good! I guess living in rural areas it was safe then to put a child outside on the steps. Not now. Guess that is why clothespins are the norm now. I figure you put my grandson outside on the steps and he'd be home in 10 minutes and take care of that situation flat! He'd just disapear!

Even though he(Jacob) does have his moments, he has a heart of compassion already at age 6. There was a little boy at his table who had no one to read with him. All the other children had one or two granparents around them reading and bragging on how good they were doing. As Jacob looked up and noticed K did not have anyone, he asked if he would like one of us(his grandparents) to read with him. K declined and seemed embrassed but the fact that Jacob noticed and cared made me proud!

That is why they call them grandchildren. They are grand!! They teach us so much! But most of all, they love us for who we are. To them, we are the "grand" parents. They see no fault in us and love unconditionally! Just like Jesus......although He sees our faults and knows them well, He loves us unconditionally! How blessed we are!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I'm glad you got rested on Sunday to prepare you for your busy day on Monday. Aren't those relaxing days such a blessing. Glad you and hubby had a good day.